- Marriage is a Holy Covenant – Malachi 2:14-16 “…Because the Lord was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant. Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union?”
- God hates Divorce – Malachi 2:16 “For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel…”
- God created marriage – Genesis 2:22-24“Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”
- Spouse as Most important person in your life? – “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
- Bible on Rules for Marriage and intimacy – “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.” – 1 Corinthians 7-9
- Men with Wives get favor – “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD” – Proverbs 18
- How should a man love his wife? – “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her.” Husbands show honor to your wives …- 1 Peter 3:7 – Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
- Marriage glorifies God – If you are married, then the most important person that God has placed in your life for you to love and serve is your spouse. (A Youtube video said it best “marriage is preparing you for heaven”) The husband and wife must serve and love each other in order for God to be glorified by their marriage. When the marriage is not following God’s rules, then the family is not honoring God. We must bring glory to God, who is the Creator of marriage.
- Should Christian Couples socialize with non believer’s? – Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
- Is a prudent wife a blessing? – Proverbs 19:14 House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.
- The purpose of marriage – Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!
- The bible on new marriage – Deuteronomy 24:5 “When a man is newly married, he shall not go out with the army or be liable for any other public duty. He shall be free at home one year to be happy with his wife whom he has taken.
- 10 mistakes of marriage as a newlywed
- married to a sociopath. my journey in a list
- 10 things God wants you to know
- 10 tips to help you get over your ex boyfriend
- 25 bible quotes about goodness
- Are you a fake Christian? (10 Questions)
- God help me please!
- Yes the devil is a Liar…Identify him straight away
- Negative thinking what is it?
- Happy 20 – 20 things you can do to have a happier life
- Bible scripture for women who need healing from abuse
- 20 reasons to work for God – God is your best employer
- 7 Things God hates – Abominations unto God (don’t do them)
- Trusting in God – Try him on for size
4 Bible Verses to help Strengthen your Marriage:
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”– 1 Peter 4:8
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
- “Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.”– Ephesians 4:2-3
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”– Mark 10:9
I have been married before…in fact I am still married however we are separated. I do wish to be married and living together once again. I guess I write this blog post to warn or to help others. If you want to get married without God in your relationship, marriage will be hard. If you get married and include God in your relationship and seek a Christian counselor, you have a great chance or enjoying a very healthy loving marriage. I do believe marriage was created by God, and I believe it is very healthy to be married becasue of the lessons you learn having such a close relationship with someone else. I think marriage pushes us to our limits, but if we stay focused, and read Gods word, then even the tough times are rewarding. Marriage was created so that men could have a help meet. Also known as a partner in life. It is good for the soul.
I have just realized I should write a blog post called….How to have a happy healthy marriage…based on my own marriage failure. Coming soon.